Where Are They Now? — Vanessa Contreras (Paz)


Hello everyone!

A lot of you might not remember me since I transferred towards the end of my sophomore year. I didn't graduate from PHS, but you probably remember my brother (Omel PHS ’89) and Sister Marilyn (PHS ’91). If I wrote everything I have done since high school it would take a couple of pages, so to make things easier I'm going to answer the questions and give a little more info.

I currently work in Chevron Global Technology Services Co. in the Latin-America Business Unit in Western Venezuela where I'm the Executive Assistant for General Management. This is located in Maracaibo, Venezuela. Since my return to Venezuela I’ve done a lot of different jobs but mostly in the Oil & Gas/Petrochemical industries. Also, because of being blessed being perfectly bilingual I do a lot of translations and interpretations, and have taught in Pre-school and was a substitute teacher in grade school, middle school and some high school grades for the local international school.

My husband is Raul Paz we were married in March 2000 after dating for 6 years. He has a BS in Industrial Engineering and an MBA. He works for Petroboscan, a joint venture between Chevron and the National Oil Company.

The children part is the greatest since I have 3 boys in different stages. Jordan 17 is 6’7’’ tall and plays basketball; he lived in Pleasant Grove for a year with my sister and played football and basketball for PGHS. Santiago is 7 going on 40, he is our little artist who loves to paint, draw and is going to second grade he is very smart and quite a character. Samuel is 8 months old and is our little miracle, he was born at 29 weeks and weighed barely 3 lbs. Now he weights 22 lbs and is just amazing how he is developing and growing, we call him our little candy because he is just so sweet and loves everyone.

We currently live in Maracaibo, Venezuela which is one of the hottest places here; we have lived practically all across the country Caracas (Capital) and Puerto La Cruz (beautiful beaches and mountains).

My favorite pastimes are spending time with my family, cooking, reading (in English) and traveling in my beautiful country.

I would have loved to be able to attend the reunion but won’t be possible since we have plans to go to Utah and visit my family in November. If any of you wish to drop a line here is my email address vanessacontreraspaz@msn.com.



Comments

Anonymous said…
Your boys are so handsome. I've heard Venezula is gorgeous, how lucky you are to live there and what an exciting job.
Anonymous said…
Vanessa,
What an exciting life you have! I have great memories of you and your family in the Oak Hills 7th ward. Your mom made my prom dress! It's great to see your pictures and your beautiful family.

Popular Posts