Where Are They Now? — Michelle Throckmorton (Schafer)


Hello Bulldogs!

I didn't make it to the dinner, but I will make it to the picnic. I can't seem to remember how to play POMP and I really could use the pointers.

I am amazed at all of the cool things that you all have done and I have really enjoyed hearing about all of your adventures! My life pales in comparison, even though I am constantly hurrying around to keep up with everything that being a wife and mom demands. I would like to say we have done more traveling, but I love being at home. Maybe I need to get away more.

My husband and I met at The Ivy Tower in November 1989 and we were married in May of 1990. We just celebrated our 18th anniversary! Robert is from San Diego, California, which we just returned from earlier in the month. Robert went to the U, which was weird for some naive girl from Provo who didn't know there were other real schools out there, and so close. After we were married, my husband graduated from the U and we moved to San Diego for about 18 months. It was lovely and it was great for a Provo girl to get out of the valley and see life from another perspective.


We have four great kids:

Stephanie is 15, Actress/Singer, on the verge of driving... YIKES and YEAH! She loves to play the piano and is on board with most of the 80's music we have programmed her with.

Parker is 13, The caretaker of the neighborhood. All the ladies love him, young and old. Someday I will SMOKE him in Mario Strikers!

Stephanie and Parker were in the Disney Movie "Minutemen" which filmed at Murray High School just about three blocks away from our house. It was the highlight of last summer.

Elizabeth is 8, she loves art and I can't wait to show her Guy's website. She is such a funny kid. One of my favorite quotes from her happened at dinner one night: "I LOVE it! But, I kinda hate it." She also is an expert at dressing up our poodle named Charlie.

Barrett is 5. He just learned to ride a bike without the training wheels, today. He is all boy and being the only boy his age in the neighborhood, tries to teach the girls his age how to wrestle. His nickname is "Barrettcuda". It fits.

I am very fortunate to stay at home with my kids and husband. I love being in on everything that goes on with soccer, church, scouts, school and all else that being a mom involves. I love what Mindy Hafen wrote about that her kids call her a "mean mom", as I hold that title at our home too! I think that to qualify for that title you have to say "No" to your kids and have some rules which I do.

I don't have a lot of extra time but I do make time to do some quilting and photograph my family. I won a first place ribbon for one of my quilts at the Murray Art Show one year. I also really enjoy cooking and baking. I still have recipes from high school that I got from Miss Christensen's class.

I have been I have to say that it amazes me to hear the stories from you all! There are still many of you I would love to hear updates from!

Just look at how far we have come since high school! There is still so much ahead!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is wonderful that your children and you excel in whatever it is you do. Your family sounds like a lot of fun.
Anonymous said…
It was great to see you! What a sweet family you have. We really had some great times in High School. I told Kristen that I talked with you and she says hi. Take care and keep intouch. Jennifer Whittaker Patterson
Chance's Mom said…
Michelle,

I loved seeing you at the reunion. We need to get together and do lunch and reconnect.
You were a great friend in high school.

Taunya

Popular Posts