Where Are They Now? — Kurt Walker


Most of you will have seen me recently as I starred with Jack Black in the blockbuster Nacho Libre. I played the dominating and agile Escelito. I've included a photo here of Jack and I. As you can see I've bulked up a lot since high school.

It's been fun reading everyone's entries. It's amazing the diversity of experiences that everyone brings from the point we left noble PHS 20 years ago. I'm impressed with all of you. Marvin & John prevailed upon me to throw in, so I figured it's better late than never, but I realize this may still be too late.

I attended BYU for a year before going on a mission to the Belgium Bruxelles mission. Then came back to BYU again where I met and married my wife Nanette (Elk Grove CA), who was on the gymnastics team (the answer to the question that is finding it's way into the mind of all the guys out there about gymnasts is "yes"). We married in 1993, and she's still tolerating me for which I am endlessly grateful. Because she's hot. And eternally patient.

We have three kids: Bailey (11), Grayson (8), and Kinley (5)- I love my little people. I constantly hope I don't ruin them.

Like some of you I've been to the Boston Marathon. Although unlike you I went as an athletic supporter. My wife's the jock and she was the one running it.

I've worked as a salesman in printing & packaging since my mission, now working at a company in Orem called RMP, after the company in Provo that I worked for 13 years stopped paying me and went out of business. Bummer that. We live in Saratoga Springs and have enjoyed staying in Utah County where we can enjoy the things we love – skiing, hiking, rock-climbing, and anything else diversionary in nature.

The only memory I have from high school is Marvin Dean taking a pen from my shirt pocket to write something, having the pocket accidentally rip, and then proceeding in ripping the entire shirt from my body (in front of the school during lunchtime) laughing with glee. All that was left was part of the collar and one of the cuffs. Good times. Then I had to attend Mr. Webb's Zoology class in an old wrinkled gym shirt that I had been trying not to wash in a contest with Shawn Walker. Marvin denies it to this day, but I get to laugh about it with him as he and John Perkins and I try to golf frequently during the summer.

I won't make it back in time for the dinner but am planning on golfing on Saturday. Hope to see you around. kurtwalk@hotmail.com


Comments

Anonymous said…
Kurt it is nice to see you haven't lost your sense of humor in the past 20 yrs. You have a beautiful family and that's awesome that your wife is such a good athlete.
Anonymous said…
I thought I recognized you in that movie. Your little boy looks just like you, probably a good thing. Missed you at the dinner. hope to run into you soon. Candice Cuell

Popular Posts