Where Are They Now? — Kim Allan (Hawkins)


Isn't it amazing how songs from the 80's, yearbook and dance photos, and the stories from this site bring back so many high school memories? For most people, the idea of it being 20 years since graduation from high school makes them feel old. Unfortunately for me, it wasn't the 20-year reunion that made me feel old. It was the first time I taught the child of a PHS classmate!!

After graduation I attended Utah Valley State College, the University of Utah, and then graduated with a degree in Elementary Education from Weber State University.

I have taught 3rd or 4th grade for the last 13 years at Franklin Elementary in Provo. Three years ago I was one of six teachers invited to participate in a district technology integration program. After hundreds of hours of training I now have a Technology Endorsement and am a certified eMints teacher. My students have computers on their desks and I instruct using a large screen computer mounted to the wall.

I met my husband Jeff during our senior year of high school, while working at Ream's grocery store in Provo. We dated for three years or so and then married in 1992. We have lived in Provo for the last 16 years.

We have two beautiful daughters that keep us busy (and young). Kaitlyn (11) is our animal and nature lover. She is a very friendly girl who will chat with anyone she meets. She loves sports and dreams of becoming a Vet, when she is older. To practice those vet skills, she constantly keeps us up to date on all of her Nintendo DS pets.

Brecka (7) is all girl. She loves anything pink, any dress (the fancier the better), and dreams of becoming a kindergarten teacher when she is older (I keep telling her there is more money in medicine). Her favorite past time is to watch the food network and pretend that she is Rachel Ray or one of the many chefs. We have a great time cooking together. She knows all of the professional's secrets.

We love spending time together as a family. We love traveling and have visited Disneyland or Disneyworld every year. On the weekend you will probably find us out on our boat enjoying the latest water toy that my husband has brought home.

I have many memories from high school that bring a smile to my face. Those memories involve a lot of you.

I will continue to reminisce when I hear 80's songs, see yearbook and dance photos, and read the rest of your stories. I also look forward to teaching some of your children . . . or future grandchildren!



Comments

Anonymous said…
Kim your oldest sounds like my youngest. She is considering being a Vet or go into advertising. How those two compare I have no clue. Your class room sounds awesome. Keep in touch! OSULady36@aol.com. I have many memories of you from 6th grade on!
Anonymous said…
Dearest friend,
Why haven't we set up a lunch date yet? It was super fun to see you in action a couple of months ago, and I look forward to seeing you soon. You were there through it all for me; can't imagine a better friend.
Unknown said…
REAMS!!!! Wow, Kim, do you know how to set off a tidal wave of memories or what?? I have been hoping that you would post but you didn't say anything about coming to the reunion. Aren't you going to be there? PLEASE!!!! How is your mom? Do your parents still live up on Grandview? Holy cow, girl, we gotta talk! If you're not coming, at least drop me an e mail so we can hook up on our own. mcgarrett777@comcast.net I really hope to see you tomorrow!!
Anonymous said…
Kim, I've been wondering about you. I've actually driven through Grandview Hill looking at the homes of some of my friends the last little while. Stupid, I realize, but it brought back a flood of memories! I'm glad you're doing so well! I always knew your life would be charmed!
My email is lleefarrer@yahoo.com if you want to drop an email to me to get in touch. I'd love to hear from you!
Laura ("Opal") Hayward
Hmm... I wonder if Herr Chambers is retired... lol
Koreen said…
Hi Kim,

Every time I go to Provo I think of you! Remember the Gardners who lived accross the street? They moved into my area a while ago... they are...the same.. yick :)
I would love to see you!!!

Popular Posts