Where Are They Now? — Julie Lund (McKay)


What Have I been up to for the past 20 years? After graduation I attended BYU and UVCC--that is what we used to call it. While I was in college I got to travel with Mr. Burnah's French class as a "chaperon" even though I was only 18 at the time. We went to Belgium, Italy, Switzerland, Spain, and France.

Later I went to the Utah College of Massage Therapy and I have been a licensed Massage Therapist ever since. I worked for 7 years with a group of Plastic Surgeons as their main post surgical therapist. This was fun, and I got to witness a few surgeries--I know some of your secrets, but I'm not telling!

In the summer of 1991 I met my future husband Nathan McKay in Telluride, Colorado at the Telluride Bluegrass Festival. We were married in January of 1992 despite the fact that he graduated from Timpview, and was their student body president. We live in Edgemont on "Timpview Dr." and have been here for the past 16 years. My Husband Nathan is the event director for Neways, and travels a lot with his job. One of the perks of his job is that together we have seen a lot of the world, including Thailand, Singapore, Jamaica, Mexico, Hawaii, Bahamas, and fabulous Las Vegas.

As you can see by the photo, I have 5 boys--Hayden 14 plays team basketball for the Jr. High and is going to try his hand at tackle football this year, he also likes to play the guitar, Sterling 13 plays team basketball for the Jr. high and plays the drums, Connor 11 plays the electric guitar and loves to build Lego sets, he also runs, Landon 6, learned to ride a bike this summer, he loves to read and has more friends than any kid his age I know, Oakley 2 is my baby, and is growing up way too fast, but he keeps us laughing all the time with his 2 year old sayings, you should hear him sing on the rock band video game!

As a family we love to travel. We enjoy spending time at Nate's parent's Beach house in Dana Point California. We love to dig for sand crabs and search for sea glass, not to mention the fact that the house is only 30 minutes from Disneyland. We like it so much that this year we have already been to California twice, and Disneyland nine times--all in under two months! As a family we go fishing all summer long and we also have season tickets every year to the Scera outdoor theater. We love to spend time in the canyon and try to get as many ski days out of our season passes to Sundance as possible.

I can hardly wait to see everyone.

Julie Lund McKay




Comments

Unknown said…
Hey Hey Julie! It was so good to see you at dinner, even if it was short. I hope that we have more time to visit at the reunion. You're familly is so very handsome and I can't imagine what it's like for you to be in a house full of handsome males! See you soon!
Anonymous said…
Julieeee...so great to finally read about you. Five boys whew, that wears me out thinking about it. You haven't changed a bit other than being followed around by 6 males now. Your family is gorgeous!
Anonymous said…
Hello julie it's been a long time.you haven't changed a bit.It's nice to see that you and your family are doing well.

Carrie (Peterson) Fidler I also went by the last name carter
Anonymous said…
Julie -Julie - Julie! First let me say you look awesome. Wow! What a beautiful family. ITs so good hearing about another Franklin Elementary success story. We have known each other a long time -kindergarten? Do you remember your 16th b-day party? I asked if I could give you a sweet 16 smooch. As I recall the details it lasted nearly 2 minutes and I had to get some gatorade afterward due to the high level of hottness. What a great memory. Say Hi to your family. Looking forward to seeing you.

Jayson Clements
Julie H. said…
Julie #1...this is Julie #2, come in Julie #1. Hey long lost friend, it's so good to see your post. I can't believe you have 5 boys -WOW! And you look great as always! We'll have to catch up at the reunion. Take care! Love ya!
Anonymous said…
Julie,
Talk about a blast from the past. Lets see there was Julie, Julie, Stacey, Tiffany, and Sharmel.... What memories those are. You look absolutley beautiful and I could just eat those boys up. I am so glad that you posted. See you soon...Sharmel
Lynne said…
Julie,

My sister(Pam)and I worked at Borges Lamont during the 90's and I remember Nate there. (my husband and I were/are friends with Steve C. & Ryan B. too)I believe I remember you from being on the highschool dance team since,when I lived with Eve for a couple of months, I would go to school before the crack of dawn (literally)with her and sleep on the gym floor while you all practiced...(!)

Lynne Shepherd Oliver
Terri said…
Hi Julie,
I was looking to see if you had joined the blogging world and found this site.
It looks as if there are going to be some fun stories to be shared at your class reunion. Have a wonderful time!
Love your cousin,
Terri
Julie said…
Hi Beautiful-
We still need to get together for dinner one of these nights. I love your family pictures, I can't believe how fast your boys are growing up! It was nice to see you at my sisters wedding. Love you guys!!
-Julie (......aka JAM)
Anonymous said…
Julie,

I miss you!! I have lots and lots of memories of you and your family, my home away from home. It fits that you had all boys... you were always the one who wanted to play basketball and race cars on the track, etc.

You look awesome! I would love to catch up - take some pictures for me since I can't be there and lets talk soon!

Stacey

Popular Posts