Where Are They Now? — Craig Anderson


I really appreciate the wonderful post that my good friend Dan Knight did for me, but I thought I should do my own to clarify some of the details.

After high school I left on a mission as soon as possible. I served my time in Japan and returned home to study at BYU. I married a feisty Provo girl, Amie Heaston, in September of 1994 and graduated in December of that same year. Amie and I moved to Lindon in 1995 and started our family. During this time I tried a few marathons and, as Karen O. mentioned in her post, didn’t love them. My career total is 5 but I would have done a lot more if you didn’t have to run so much. Then I tried several triathlons because swimming and biking is fun but here again you have to run so now I am retired. We lived in Lindon for ten years and had 4 children there. Approximately 3 years ago we moved to Pleasant Grove and added another child. We have 3 girls and 2 boys- Macie(11), Brody(9), Britnie(7), Ellie(5) and CJ(3). My kids are awesome and I love spending time with them. I can’t figure out why I have been blessed with a beautiful wife and incredible kids when I am not really an angel. Maybe this is the calm before the storm...? I hope not.

As Dan mentioned, he and I started a company with a Timpview guy (not all of them are annoying) back in 2001. It is fun to be able to make a living while hanging out with your buddies. We work hard and find time to have some fun too.

I actually see a lot of guys from high school besides Dan. I live by Mark Whiting and do stuff with him from time to time. Brandon Hill makes an appearance when it fits his busy schedule. My wife is somehow related to Lance Garvin so I see him at family reunions. Dan and I have an annual golf trip with Kent Frampton each fall. Greg Stott will call when he comes to town once in a while. I ran into Katherine DeMartini a couple of years back and she said something REALLY embarrassing--you will have to ask her about it. I see Santones and Kim whenever I attend a BYU athletic event. Am I forgetting anyone? I hope not but I don’t remember a lot of things. I can’t remember kissing Amy Hughes at graduation--I think that was a dream she had (fantasy? jk). I never remember fighting with Marvin Dean--at least after 1st grade. And I don’t remember threatening Don Danner with a baseball.

If there are any further questions about my life please refer them to Dan Knight at 801-362-9555 or just send him a text message to say “Hello”.

------------------------------------------------------




Craig has been very reluctant to post his life on the PHS ’88 site so it’s up to his friends to take care of business for him. After high school Craig served a mission to Japan. When he got back he went to BYU and graduated somewhere in the 90s. Somewhere in there he spent a summer or two as a Japanese tour guide in San Francisco. He wasn’t Japanese, just the people who he guided.


Later he married Amy Heaston (PHS class of 90 something). Craig and Amy have 5 beautiful kids. Macie (11 or so), Brody (9ish), Britnie (7 roughly), Ellie (in the 5 range), and Craig Judah (CJ – he’s maybe 2 or 3 and I’m not sure about what the J stands for – Judah is a guess because that’s Craig’s middle name, but it might actually be Jaden or something like that).


Craig has been working in the Internet marketing industry for about the past 8-10 years and in 2001 helped found eFamily Network. He lives and works in Pleasant Grove and still likes to kill animals up in the mountains and also lots of water fowl. He loves to take his kids fishing and camping.


As you can see by the pictures, he golfs at a few charity tournaments each summer with some of his friends. He and Dan Knight started a “Golf Date Dance Picture” theme many years ago once when Dan forgot to bring his club for the picture and ended up sharing Craig’s club for the shot. It looked gay enough to be a date dance so we made it a tradition for all our golf shots. Since we don’t have any current family photos at the moment we’ll start with these and hopefully Craig will pony up with some real photos.


There is a very real chance that Dan Knight will take a severe beating when Craig reads this post. Fortunately Craig left yesterday with his family to Hawaii for the next 10 days. I could use a little support in getting Craig enthused about the reunion. Please email him at cj@efninc.com or send a text message to 8013625886. (Now there is no question about getting pummeled.)






[Click to enlarge.]

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dan,
You beat Brandon and I to it. We've been threatening him for weeks now. Maybe if I just buy his tickets he won't have any excuses left.
Anonymous said…
Dan,

I want you to know that you did the right thing! Craig loves his classmates--he's just forgotten how much.

I've been hesitant to tell this story, but I think the time is finally right. The night of our High School graduation, Craig (with a large posse of onlookers in tow) marched up to me and planted a big, juicy kiss on my lips. There was no explanation but a lot of laughter from the afore mentioned onlookers. Being the innocent girl that I was (it was only the second time a boys lips had touched mine) it was quite a shock. To this day I don't know why this happened, but can only guess that it must have been due to a lost bet and/or dare.

Since I've put a considerable amount of time into this reunion thing, don't you think Craig owes it to me to show up and finally provide an explanation?

So here's what I'm going to do, Dan, Mark and Brandon (any anyone else who would like to contribute) --I'm marking Craig as paid (for two tickets, of course) on our reunion database. And then we'll all take up a collection to pay for his tickets. Maybe guilt will be what it finally takes to get him there!

I can't wait to see you, Craig!!

Aloha!
Anonymous said…
Craig, you're very lucky to have a friend like Dan. Had I posted your life story, it would have include the many women with one tooth from Duchesne. Also, if you fail to show up to the reunion, for the next year, you get to ask the farmers (and their wife / daughter) to hunt their property.

Brandon
Anonymous said…
I think it's great that someone stood up and posted for him. Y'all are as funny as I remember. I'm sure Craig will appreciate having such great friends.
Anonymous said…
Craig, is that a handlebar mustache? You truly are the man I remember you to be. :) Please don't beat me up at the reunion. I have kids now and they really look up to me. I don't want that image to be tarnished.
Thanks
Anonymous said…
All these pictures look sooo.... GAY!!!!!
Anonymous said…
I admire your courage. Both Dan and Craig- it takes a lot for both of you to come out of the closet like this together. Based solely on numbers you knew there had to be some alternative life style couples at our school now we have a face for the number. Good Luck.
Anonymous said…
Craig,
Maybe I'm confusing you with Matt Riddle. Matt liked to practice his wrestling moves on me. Seriously though, you look great. I hope to catch up with you at the reunion. By the way it is green apricot season! I occasionally pick one off my parents tree and enjoy. My kids just look at me funny and laugh. Peace out.
Unknown said…
And I thought Craig was just trying to be fashionably late. One of my distinct memories of him was how EVERY morning during jr. high he was late for the bus. He would come tearing down across someone's corner yard and just barely make it. Of course Marvin would quickly move out of his seat on the back of the bus because it was a well known fact that Craig was cool enough to occupy the coveted seat. I, too, am glad that you took it upon yourself, Dan, to get him on here. I gotta say though that in the progression of the golf pictures you two look more and more...ummm...cozy?? You guys still make me laugh! It's great to see that your friendship has continued. Maybe the pressure of knowing that that whole class thinks he's gay will get him to show up with a wife in tow. I'll even put up ten bucks towards the tickets! See you there Craig!
Anonymous said…
This is hillarious! I am fully entertained! Craig you are now shamed into coming whether you like it or not! I'm afraid if you don't, we will all be leaving the reunion to come and knock at your door!
Anonymous said…
Quote taken from Marvin Dean's year book, summer of 1988 by Craig Anderson:

"Marv, Come on over sometime this summer and let's fight. I want to kill you."

There is more but you get the idea. I thought you would get a kick out of that. :)
Anonymous said…
Hi Craig,
You were one of my favorite people from Wasatch Elementary through PHS. Always so friendly and fun.
My mom stills asks what you are up to... she always thought you were darling.
Looking forward to seeing you at the reunion!
Anonymous said…
Craig,

Don't get to mad.. it was very entertaining and it shows what great friends you have. Hello Dan and Brandon!

I had a crush on you since I met you in Jr. High, even when you were mean to me :)

Stacey (Hill) Loyd
Anonymous said…
Craig,
It was great to visit with you last night. Thanks for the update on your parents. Remember to say hi to your mom for me.
Unknown said…
Aww, one of the people that I didn't get to catch up with! There were just to many of us and too little time. Marvin told me that he blamed me for starting the "bully" stuff. It wasn't me, I just went along. ;) Well, I can tell you that you looked great and the only thing that would have made your appearance better was if you had done the bellydance! Craig, you are one of my fondest memories from about age 4 on. Maybe that's because Page kept telling me that I should go for you, putting you in the forefront of my elementary school years, but they are memories that I love to remember. Take care!
Anonymous said…
Craig is that Sam Knight in one of those golf pictures with you?

Popular Posts